DIY Storage Footstool USING A BUCKET!

$38

With so many ottoman ideas out there, I fell in love with this bucket up-cycle idea. I think I’m a little too excited for this DIY footstool because, I can’t wait to see those Lego’s stored in it instead of on the coffee table. 😀
Here's what you'll need to make your footstool. Use heavy duty hot glue. The mini glue sticks or no where nearly as strong. I also used a plastic bucket for the base. If you have an old ottoman to up-cycle that would work great. If not a bucket will work just as good.
Following that you'll need to wrap your bucket in batting.
Then cut out your foam and attach it to the wood.
Add your batting to it.
Following that cut your rug or choice of fabric and attach to your bucket. I got a steal deal on this rug. Otherwise I wouldn't of used a rug. It was 50% off. It will be cheaper if you do choose to go with fabric.
Cover your lid with fabric as well.
Here's what it looks like.
I love the texture on this. The colors might be a bit much but overall I'm in love.
Thank you so much for checking out my DIY. I hope you liked it!  ________________________________________________

If you liked this DIY then I have good news for you.. Sign up for my newsletter and I'll email you all my DIYS. DON'T MISS A DIY and SIGN UP HERE : http://eepurl.com/czq_T5

30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Lily Oleynik

• Bonnie Jameson
    Bonnie Jameson

This is one of the best ideas I've seen on here in a long time. I also love the colors in your rug

• Jade Jackleen
    Jade Jackleen

where is this rug from?? im looking for a rug like this

• Sue
      Sue

You can find these at most discount stores. WalMart also has them. They are only a couple of dollars each. They have smaller ones and larger size also. I have been buying these for years and always looking for a new idea to use them one. LOVE this stool with them and the colors are what makes it stand out!! Thanks for sharing.

• Susan
    Susan

What did you use the felt for, I can't find a reference to it in the directions. Thank you I am going to make this.

• Bzm11686139
      Bzm11686139

Judging from the pictures, she lined the inside of the bucket and of the lid, probably hot-glued. The felt lining covers the raw edges of the cut-up rug.