Error loading player:
No playable sources found
Chas
Chas
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Fort Collins, CO

Shaving Cream Hacks To Help Your Home!

$1

There are a lot of shaving cream hacks out there, and I have put some of those to the test and some I tried on my own. Here are the results of the shaving cream challenge!

shaving cream hacks to help your home
 Stainless Steel Appliances - It is said you can clean them with shaving cream.  I put this to the test...

I cleaned my microwave, my dishwasher, and my oven surface with shaving cream.
shaving cream hacks to help your home
I learned not all stainless steel appliances are created equally.  While it cleaned my oven and microwave well with no trouble.  My dishwasher was a different story. 
shaving cream hacks to help your home
 It did indeed clean it up nicely, but I was left with some streaks.  What that meant is that my dishwasher stainless steel just needed an additional step which was to moisturize it with some olive oil - perfect after that!
shaving cream hacks to help your home
It works great to clean your glass and tile back splashes.
shaving cream hacks to help your home
It also works great to clean your glass cook top, it would also work well on a range.
shaving cream hacks to help your home
Got a squeaky door?  Spray on a little shaving cream, rub in, move the door a bit, and the squeak is gone!
shaving cream hacks to help your home
Put a little bit on your jewelry, rub it with a toothbrush, rinse it off and your rings will sparkle.
shaving cream hacks to help your home
Use it in your bathroom to clean your shower doors and tile.  It works like scrubbing bubbles.
shaving cream hacks to help your home
Use it in your car to defog and clean your windows.  This also works on any glass.
shaving cream hacks to help your home
Use it to clean upholstery in your car.  Cleans spots, and just wipes up the seats in general.  Spray it on and wipe up with a damp cloth.  This will also work on suede couches!
shaving cream hacks to help your home
It works great as a spot cleaner.  Spray a little shaving cream onto the spot.  Rub it in with a damp cloth or sponge.  Let dry over night.  The next day vacuum over the spot and it'll be gone!  If you have a tough spot you have have to repeat the steps a few times.  
shaving cream hacks to help your home
Use it to shine your chrome and brass faucets on your sinks, showers, and tubs.
shaving cream hacks to help your home
Use it to clean and defog your mirrors.
shaving cream hacks to help your home
Got paint on your hands, use some shaving cream to get it off.  Simply rub your hands together with the shaving cream, wipe off with a cloth, and it'll be gone.

I ran out of spaces here to show you all the before and after shots ... (there are only 15 posts slots for us & one will be for the video I made with Hometalk.)

Please stop by my blog  -    Chas' Crazy Creations    to see the rest as well as more cleaning and organizing, creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 07, 2018 11:17 PM - More info
Chas

• Ruth Sport

What kind of cloths do you suggest? Or do you use paper towels?

• Sjt29229935

I had always used paper towels on my appliances until one day when a serviceman was delivering a new stainless appliance. He told me never use paper towel on stainless steel because the small wood fibers in it will, over time, scratch the finish and to always use a microfiber cloth.. He said not all stainless finishes are the same, especially the new black stainless. Their color comes from a black finish that can be worn and will have the most problems. Some of the silver stainless finishes are the same and not truly stainess. Never realized that could be an issue. So now. out of precaution, I have switched to microfiber clothes.

• Ruth Sport

What type of cloths do you use? Or do you use paper towels?

• Bonniecameron

I haven't found anything yet that will take the soap scum off shower doors. I will try the shaving cream, but I really don't think this is going to work. How long do you leave it? do you run the shower first to get it damp? I'd like to know if this really works. My daughter uses, dawn detergent and baking soda mixed together and that's the only time, I've ever seen the doors without scum.

• B. Enne

Our soap scum used to be really bad due to hard water.

This is what worked for us:

1- equal parts of bottled lemon juice and dishwashing liquid in a hollow-handled kitchen scrubby. Leave on for a few minutes, rinse and repeat if necessary. (Avoid anything that can be damaged by acid: chrome, fibreglass , natural stone).

2- The last person to shower each day, squeegees the doors, and walls.

3- We no longer use bar soap (that was the best thing).

We had a new shower installed a year ago, and we never have soap scum, since we always do #2 and #3.

If your doors are etched from strong chemicals, nothing will remove the film. In that case, you could apply frosted film to the outside to hide it.