Error loading player:
No playable sources found
Chas
Chas
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Fort Collins, CO

Shaving Cream Hacks To Help Your Home!

$1

There are a lot of shaving cream hacks out there, and I have put some of those to the test and some I tried on my own. Here are the results of the shaving cream challenge!

shaving cream hacks to help your home
 Stainless Steel Appliances - It is said you can clean them with shaving cream.  I put this to the test...

I cleaned my microwave, my dishwasher, and my oven surface with shaving cream.
shaving cream hacks to help your home
I learned not all stainless steel appliances are created equally.  While it cleaned my oven and microwave well with no trouble.  My dishwasher was a different story. 
shaving cream hacks to help your home
 It did indeed clean it up nicely, but I was left with some streaks.  What that meant is that my dishwasher stainless steel just needed an additional step which was to moisturize it with some olive oil - perfect after that!
shaving cream hacks to help your home
It works great to clean your glass and tile back splashes.
shaving cream hacks to help your home
It also works great to clean your glass cook top, it would also work well on a range.
shaving cream hacks to help your home
Got a squeaky door?  Spray on a little shaving cream, rub in, move the door a bit, and the squeak is gone!
shaving cream hacks to help your home
Put a little bit on your jewelry, rub it with a toothbrush, rinse it off and your rings will sparkle.
shaving cream hacks to help your home
Use it in your bathroom to clean your shower doors and tile.  It works like scrubbing bubbles.
shaving cream hacks to help your home
Use it in your car to defog and clean your windows.  This also works on any glass.
shaving cream hacks to help your home
Use it to clean upholstery in your car.  Cleans spots, and just wipes up the seats in general.  Spray it on and wipe up with a damp cloth.  This will also work on suede couches!
shaving cream hacks to help your home
It works great as a spot cleaner.  Spray a little shaving cream onto the spot.  Rub it in with a damp cloth or sponge.  Let dry over night.  The next day vacuum over the spot and it'll be gone!  If you have a tough spot you have have to repeat the steps a few times.  
shaving cream hacks to help your home
Use it to shine your chrome and brass faucets on your sinks, showers, and tubs.
shaving cream hacks to help your home
Use it to clean and defog your mirrors.
shaving cream hacks to help your home
Got paint on your hands, use some shaving cream to get it off.  Simply rub your hands together with the shaving cream, wipe off with a cloth, and it'll be gone.

I ran out of spaces here to show you all the before and after shots ... (there are only 15 posts slots for us & one will be for the video I made with Hometalk.)

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg
Chas

• Ruth Sport

What kind of cloths do you suggest? Or do you use paper towels?

• Sjt29229935

I had always used paper towels on my appliances until one day when a serviceman was delivering a new stainless appliance. He told me never use paper towel on stainless steel because the small wood fibers in it will, over time, scratch the finish and to always use a microfiber cloth.. He said not all stainless finishes are the same, especially the new black stainless. Their color comes from a black finish that can be worn and will have the most problems. Some of the silver stainless finishes are the same and not truly stainess. Never realized that could be an issue. So now. out of precaution, I have switched to microfiber clothes.

• Ruth Sport

What type of cloths do you use? Or do you use paper towels?

• Chas

I use washcloths and microfiber cloths.

• Bonniecameron

I haven't found anything yet that will take the soap scum off shower doors. I will try the shaving cream, but I really don't think this is going to work. How long do you leave it? do you run the shower first to get it damp? I'd like to know if this really works. My daughter uses, dawn detergent and baking soda mixed together and that's the only time, I've ever seen the doors without scum.

• Galina

take a downey dryer sheet dip in a bucket of warm water and wash your shower doors try on a small area first in case your doors have a manufacturers coating - wash the area and then rinse and dry with a microfiber towel

• Jsk14100959

It’s the peroxide in the shaving cream that is cleaning the product so be careful if you’re putting it on dark colors!!!!!!!!

• Mary Ransom Stewart

I let my grandchildren use shaving cream to “draw” pictures, letters, etc. on bath tile for fun during a bath and when they “erase” it with a cloth, MY TILE IS CLEAN!