Val
Val
  • Canada

How I Repaired A Chipped Baseboard

$0.00

My hubby and the dogs were goofing around the other day, and knocked my vanity chair over. It took quite a chunk out of the baseboard.
Before
Before
repair a chipped baseboard, home maintenance repairs, how to, wall decor, woodworking projects
A chunk flew across the floor, so I grabbed it. It kind of looked like a lost cause, but I thought I would try and glue it back in and see how it turned out.
After
After
Here is how it looks now. Sure beats replacing the whole board! I think we can live with this, don't you?
From about three feet away.
From about three feet away.
It is hardly noticeable from that distance. My hubby had a hard time finding it! The time it took to fix it was about twenty minutes, not including dry time for the glue.
One more before picture!
One more before picture!
Val

• Clay B

could also use Minwax Professional Wood Filler. It's a 2 part epoxy, over fill and shape best you can , then sand to shape. Great for repairing rotted wood outside.

• Val

Good to know Clay. I'm sure it won't be the last chip or ding around here! Thanks for the tip! Val