How I Repaired A Chipped Baseboard

26K Views
My hubby and the dogs were goofing around the other day, and knocked my vanity chair over. It took quite a chunk out of the baseboard.
Time: 20 MinutesCost: $0.00Difficulty: Easy
  • repair a chipped baseboard, home maintenance repairs, how to, wall decor, woodworking projects
A chunk flew across the floor, so I grabbed it. It kind of looked like a lost cause, but I thought I would try and glue it back in and see how it turned out.
Here is how it looks now. Sure beats replacing the whole board! I think we can live with this, don't you?
It is hardly noticeable from that distance. My hubby had a hard time finding it! The time it took to fix it was about twenty minutes, not including dry time for the glue.

Suggested materials for this project:

Val

Ask a Question
      • Barbara Kegebein
        Barbara Kegebein Bastrop, LA

Looks fantastic now, but if you smooth a bit of caulk over the edges and a dab of paint over it, will look like the accident never happened. I dropped a wall art on my brand new baseboard. Did not think of the glue...what I had did not work as well so my repair is noticeable but as it is behind a desk, I let it go. Was whipped from getting the entire room redone (puttied, sanded, & painted paneling, plus new crown molding and baseboard. My wonderful brothers also put in a laminate floor after we removed the carpet). Wish I had seen this earlier...so smart.

• Val
          Val Canada

Thanks for the wonderful comment, Barb! Good tip about the caulk. We did all the finishing when we built our place, so I know what you mean about just being so worn out from all the work! Enjoy your new room! Val

• Felicity Woodruffe
              Felicity Woodruffe United Kingdom

Barbara is spot on the caulk will make the fix almost if not invisible I had cracks in my ceiling and used caulk then painted over .five years on still looking great