Pretty in Pink

$5

With Valentine's Day quickly approaching, I am happy to begin working with more seasonal appropriate colors. While going through my flower bin, I discovered these little gems. They exuded the lovely warmth that I wanted to project in my wreath. So with a mental picture and the remnants of an earlier piece, I began to construct my project
pretty in pink
It was important that I use a grapevine wreath in order for the natural beauty of the piece to shine through. I found that a wreath 18 inches in diameter would serve my purpose.
pretty in pink
After cutting and separating the flowers, I organized them like I wanted to appear on the wreath.
pretty in pink
Using my trusty hot glue gun, I began the systematic process of arranging the silk flowers onto the wreath. Putting the large pieces on first, I went on to fill in the spaces with smaller pieces. I made sure that the leaves were pointed in the direction that they would grow in nature.
pretty in pink
For the final touch, I added a lovely pink bow that draws out the somewhat subdued hues of the wreath.
"Where flowers bloom so does hope."
Lady Bird Johnson