Painted Floor - A 1964 Single-Wide Mobile Home Make-Over

Two Months in the making.Hand painted plywood sub-flooring.
After spending 15 hours pulling out carpet and padding, tack strips and padding staples, we discovered some incredible sub-flooring. We could not afford wood or laminate and I hate carpets, so we decided to paint the plywood.
After cleaning and sanding, I masked off a border.
Primed and painted the border with a latex flat paint
Masked off 4 inch strips for the wood planks and hand painted with flat black
Did the same process for the dividing lines, staggering them every 4th plank
I used gold enamel for the nail heads and painted a watered down shadow around each painted on nail head
I them stenciled a pattern and did a skinny border. After it dried a used a gold glaze on top of the stenciled area.
Once everything was dry, I masked on a the main design and then painted the entire border using a gloss black latex. Once the paint was dry, I pulled off the masking tape.
After the black paint had dried over night, I used a water based poly urethane to coat the entire surface. This was a gruely project unless you are used to doing 15 hours of squats at a gym everyday. At 53 years old - this actually just about killed me. We like to tell everybody, "Look what we found when we pulled up the old carpet"!
To see our read the entire "make-over" experience, you can follow the progress at www.thewoodssecretgarden.blogspot.com
Floor has dried and and bookcases and desk in place.

15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Perfectly Round Tables
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Dianna Wood

• Dianna Wood
    Dianna Wood

Thanks Rachel - Have fun! Hope you will send photos of the project.

• Tonna
    Tonna

Wow...beautiful! You are quite talented...an amazing job ma'am! Tonna Chavez Ott

• Dianna Wood
      Dianna Wood

Thanks for stopping by Tonna and leaving such a sweet, encouraging message.