Can I put peel and stick vinyl wall panels over paneling

+6
My whole dining room has wood paneling That is vertical and I want to cover it wth horzontaly place vinyl wall panels

• Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Feb 02, 2018
    just be sure the existing paneling is clean and free of any grease or oil, you might want to 'wash' with KrudCutter degreaser/deglosser first.
  • William William on Feb 02, 2018
    Only problem I can see is if the paneling has grooves they may show on the vinyl. I would fill the grooves with no shrink drywall patching compound. Let it dry overnight. Next day use a damp sponge to smooth it it out.
  • William William on Feb 02, 2018
    Yes, you can ask for it or look for it in the drywall patching compound area. Regular drywall compound tends to shrink as it dries. Made that way because when mudding new drywall usually three coats are needed. When just patching a repair the no shrink is lighter in weight, does not shrink, so one coats is usually enough.
  • William William on Feb 02, 2018
    Yes, same stuff to patch dings, holes, etc., on walls.