DIY Console Table

$150

This simple console table is beautiful and very easy to build! It's perfect for a small and/or narrow entryway! If you like this project, you can see more easy and affordable DIY project ideas on my blog, Love & Renovations
diy console table
We used a walnut slab for our tabletop. We based our measurements for the table off of the wood slab that we had – it comes in an irregular shape, so we cut the sides down to create a rectangle:

diy console table
Then, you're ready to build the base. We started by building the side pieces, and then attached them using the longer pieces. So, since our table was 30″ tall and 13″ deep, we basically built a rectangle using two 30″ long boards and two 10″ long boards (since the boards themselves are about 1.5″ wide, the connecting pieces are shorter to account for the width of the other boards).

We attached the boards to each other by adding a bit of wood glue and then using our Kreg Jig to attach two pocket holes to each side.
diy console table
Once you’re done, the sides should look a little something like this.
diy console table
Then, it’s time to finish off the base. You should have four 2X2 pieces cut down to the length you want the table to be (minus about 1.5″ to account for the side pieces) and you’ll use the exact same method of glue + pocket holes to attach the pieces to finish off the base.

We used pocket hole plugs to hide the holes created by the Kreg Jig (attached with wood glue, then filled in with wood filler and thoroughly sanded). Then, we painted the base.
diy console table
We finished off the base with lacquer and sealed the top with polyurethane. Then, we attached the top to the base using extra long screws.
Love & Renovations

• Felicia

I really like your table. I was wondering about the cost of 150.00? What made it so expensive? Slab, polyurethane?
  • Fem16102567

What's your question?so beautiful I thought it was metal legs! Great job