DIY Decorative Wall Art Letters

$40

This is an easy step-by-step tutorial for decorative wall art letters. These letters look great on any wall and there are endless ways to personalize them. You can make them soft and simple or bold and ornate. They are also a great way to decorate a bedroom on a budget.
First, gather your supplies and choose your color scheme. If you want your letters to show brush stokes, use acrylic paints. If you want your letters to be smooth and even, use spray paint.

For my letters I mixed different acrylic paints to get the colors I wanted. After I mixed the colors, I painted the letters. Acrylic paints dry pretty quickly and I did three coats of color to get a nice dark coverage that felt like it had depth. Let dry completely.
Next, I drew a peacock design in pencil on the letter L and went over the design in gold and silver metallic markers. If you are looking for a design similar to this I would suggest looking up henna tattoo designs for inspiration.
For my next letter, I repeated the painting process with blue paint to get a solid letter and let dry completely. Then paint letter with gloss medium and before it dries sprinkle the multicolored gold leaf to the painted letter so that the gold leaf will be stuck to the letter as the gloss medium dries. I then used a glue gun to add the peacock feathers to the letter with the leaf in order to tie both letters together.
Now your decorative wall art letters are ready to be hung on the wall! Letter decor can be a great addition to any room: a nursery, bedroom or  family room.  Where will you use yours?

Scarlet Paolicchi