The Easy Way to Hide a TV When You Don't Want It Over Your Mantel

$30

We recently updated our Family Room, which is small and cozy. We decided after years of having our TV over our mantel, that we wanted to move it. I chose to just add it to the wall next to the fireplace, but then we needed a solution to hide the UGLY TV.
the easy way to hide a tv when you don t want it over your mantel
We built a shelf under the TV after mounting to the wall, to hold the cable box etc. I decided to add a DIY curtain to cover the TV, but I needed to find a way to add a curtain rod with the space to cover the bulkiness of the TV and shelf. I found this curtain rod , which allowed me to hang the curtain from the ceiling. Be sure to measure enough distance from the wall to cover TV. I bought a drop cloth and created a curtain using curtain clips.
It allowed me to cover the entire TV so when we are not watching it, we can easily hide it away. It was a great solution for our home since we only have three walls in this room and no other place for the TV besides the mantel.
The room now feels more refined without the TV over the mantel and hidden behind the inexpensive DIY drop cloth curtain.

Deb Foglia