DIY Wall Art and Reading Nook

$80

Wall Art and Hanging Swing Reading Nook!
Start by defining where you want to have your little reading nook.
Here's my boring space which was pretty lifeless.
Find a fun stencil. I got this one on Etsy. Remember that you will overlap one row of your stencil each time you move it to pencil in more. That way the pattern is consistent.
Always start at the corner. You can start at the bottom corner or the top corner. For this project, I started at the bottom.
Here's a look at what I drew. This pattern was a little morethan intense th
Here's an idea of how the pattern started to look. This stencil pattern was a little more intense than some of the other patterns I've done in the past.
Working my way up.
Decide your colors. I chose black and hot pink. You can't really tell from this picture, but I went and marked each place I wanted to put the hot pink color, so that I knew all the rest would be black. Painting each section took the longest for this project.
I found the skull at a flea market. I love it on this wall!

I hung my swing from the ceiling and added some pillows and a blanket. I often meditate in this corner in the swing. My kids love this area too!

3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas

• Nancy S.

What was the reason for tracing the pattern on the wall then painting as opposed to painting over the stencil?

• Teresa

She needed to be able to take more pictures of herself holding the stencil.

• Bkr21643700

I would love to do this exactly as pictured in my spare bedroom that my nieces have taken over on their weekly visits. However I live in a mobile home. Can I hang the hammock in the corner. My nieces are 5 and 7 and I worry about pulling the ceiling down. Does anyone have any advice on this? Thanks.

• Janice

It would have to be attached to more than the ceiling. You'd need to find the framework of your mobile home and screw into that, not just the ceiling.

• Oco14762500

Love the wall. What site on Etsy plz. I love ur dress where did u find it

• L

Awesome space! Love your dress!

• Mary Coakley

Lovely place created for reading stencil lovely but looks complicated enjoy