Less Mess Ceiling Hook Installation.

$2

I needed a hole in my ceiling but I didn't want to move the cabinet so I could have an easy clean up. I've seen tips like stick a post-it note to the wall to catch the plaster dust. But that isn't going to work on the ceiling. So I put on my thinking hat...
This is the basket I needed to hang. I got it for a whole dollar at a yard sale. The white thing is a 2 cup sour cream container. In hindsight a smaller 1 cup or yogurt container would have been better but I was working with what I had. You will also need an electric drill and the appropriate sized drill bit. Not pictured is the package of ceiling hooks. oops.

Up there is where I needed the hook.
Fit the drill with the appropriate sized drill bit. And drill a hole in the center of the container. Oh I see in this pic it's not sour cream it's a lard container. No matter it needed to be smaller. The problem was the depth of the container. The drill bit was barely able to pierce the ceiling. A smaller container would have given me more length of the drill bit.
Now push the container all the way down on the bit and put a hole in the ceiling. The container will catch any mess that spins off the drill bit.
There is my hole ready for the ceiling hook. And there was no mess on the cabinet below.
Assemble the anchor to the hook and insert in the ceiling and tighten it up.
And hang your basket.
My basket is holding the acorn squash I accidentally grew. I grew them the year before and I guess I missed one while harvesting. It's easy to do the vines can take over the yard. So this one popped up out of those seeds. Free food Yay!!

• Drill and bits  (Most big box stores)
  • Ceiling hook  (Most big box stores)
  • Disposable food container  (my kitchen)

Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/Bourne-to-be-creative-1588217798130533/

• Sararey

What is the turquoise colored paint? It looks so nice and love turquoise. Great idea for drilling into the ceiling. Will remember this next time. Thank you.

• Sararey

Thank you so much Nadine. I will look for the card on the next Walmart run

Sara

• Sararey