Suggestions for a blank wall...

+14
This is a huge wall. it is above, if you can see its above a little strip of ceiling. I have no clue what to do with it at all. The other picture is the wall right next to it with the clock. Any suggestion of this big empty space?
q suggestions for a blank wall
q suggestions for a blank wall
  • Ken Ken on Feb 05, 2018
    That is an imposing presence. My first thought is photomural, but that's me. Pinterest is THE go-to place for decorating and design ideas.
  • Rymea Rymea on Feb 05, 2018
    The darker wall really accentuates it. I would paint it all the same lighter color and not put anything up there.
  • Hb Hb on Feb 05, 2018
    I would create either one large piece of art work to hang on that wall centered of course or 3 smaller pieces. It can be of what ever subject your heart desires and I would try to incorporate the blue of your accent wall and the gold color of your furniture in the painting (looking at the room it would appear you like clean lines .... more of a modern style ) then I would hang hooks on the bottom of that wall and hang plants spiders or pothos or philadendron come to mind . If you are not a fan of having to care for plants you could always use silk ones.
  • Jlnatty Jlnatty on Feb 05, 2018
    Limited only by your imagination, your energy and your budget. Some ideas: https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/budget-friendly-ways-to-say-goodbye-to-a-big-blank-wall-228203
  • Emily Emily on Feb 05, 2018
    That wall would best be left undecorated. The t.v. is beneath it and any art work there may prove distracting and would have to be so large as to be really intrusive into what looks like (not sure how deep room is to right) an already intrusive presence. I might paint the bottom of that extension to match the blue wall.
  • Cynthia Cynthia on Feb 05, 2018
    Well, were it my space I would invest in three big art pieces, related in subject matter, and leave the wall a neutral color. I would also lighten that blue adjacent wall, as it is absorbing any light coming in and making the space appear dark.
    I can't tell what the adjoining space is, but given no restrictions, it would be wonderful to take the wall down, or at the very least increase the opening- as said, budget may determine the answer to your question. Good luck!
  • Rymea Rymea on Feb 05, 2018
    And the blue color is a beautiful shade but you see how it makes that overhang look heavy/looming. I would concentrate on drawing the attention down like maybe built ins on the TV wall going all the way up to the overhang and also in the corner next to the blue wall. I know this isn't the question you asked. I hope some others will have some good ideas for you.
  • Kathy Kathy on Feb 05, 2018
    No idea for the blank wall other than art. However the accent wall is too large for that one clock so maybe a “clock” wall with multiple clocks of different sizes and colors. Choose the main clock and only put batteries in it. Set the other clocks to times that are significant to you like the time of your wedding or birth of your children.

• Erika Robles Erika Robles on Feb 05, 2018
    Thank you we just painted and that was the only thing I have up so far. I am working on it.
  • Cynthia Cynthia on Feb 05, 2018
    Erica, your space continues to interest me- another idea, dependent on how important it may be to keep sound from migrating to the adjoining space, would be to introduce three window size openings near the top of this wall- that would introduce light into the space, and given the depth of that upper portion would also give you Space for decorative pieces that would be visible from both sides- my background is interior and architectural design, so my input maybe different than others, and now it's time to turn my imagination off.....again, enjoy the possibilities!
  • Barb Barb on Feb 06, 2018
    I personally would paint it a light accent color and add 2 or 3 window mural’s to give it a look as there an upper room.
  • Barb Barb on Feb 06, 2018
    there many styles to choose from.
  • TracyRogersIsLoved TracyRogersIsLoved on Feb 06, 2018
    I agee, go with the murals.
  • Sharon Sharon on Feb 07, 2018
    That big blue wall is screaming for a piece of art to replace that puny clock. I like the blue design you've painted now I would bring a horizontal stripe or two of it over on the big white wall.
    A big wave design would be cool..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCa52Qpu2UA I used to ride my horse across the cliff in front of this wave everyday.