Any ideas on how to remove these two layers of trim?

+6
q any ideas on how to remove these two layers of trim
  • Brenda Brenda on Feb 05, 2018
    Same as for wallpaper. Wet down or steam and start scraping.
  • Eco.cambra Eco.cambra on Feb 05, 2018
    soapy water squirt bottle

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Feb 05, 2018
    If they have a vinyl coating feel, score it so that liquids can get underneath or try to peel that layer off first if you can and leave the paper layer that is left to moisten it and remove.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 05, 2018
    steam it off
  • Cynthia H Cynthia H on Feb 05, 2018
    Years ago, my teenage daughter decided to "redecorate" her room while I was at work and DH wasn't paying attention. She "borrowed" wallpaper border similar to the ones pictured that I had acquired for some project or other (it was very stylish at the time) and used leftover paint we had. When she couldn't get the border to stay up, she used any kind of glue she could get her hands on. Taking it down, years later, was an experience, as I'm sure yours is going to be. I pulled down anything I could, first. Then I scored it, since I could feel a finish on it. I tried every method I had ever used, and finally purchased a steamer. Smartest thing I've ever done. It took off the paper which had been glued on with everything from Elmer's, to super glue. They can be rented or purchased. Good luck!
  • William William on Feb 05, 2018
    I use hot water and vinegar in a spray bottle to remove wallpaper.
  • I have used a spray bottle with 1/4 cup fabric softener and fill with hot water, score the paper and spray
    Let it sit for a few then scrape away.
  • Grant Grant on Feb 07, 2018
    water in a spray bottle doesn't do it? takes some time but usually even pre-pasted wallpaper comes off after a few minutes of saturation.