DIY Inexpensive Lantern

$7

Here's an easy diy that you can make for yourself or give to someone special in your life. Perfect for an outdoor patio or porch in the summer or indoors anytime.

These little oil lamp inserts are the key. The ones I purchased came in as a set of three.
You need to buy lamp oil for this project. Maybe you already have some but I was only able to buy a large bottle. Way more than I needed but should last a long time. I used glass vases from the dollar store and blue gems, also from the dollar store but you could experiment with other stones and items. You could also experiment with different vessels.
The process couldn't be easier. Fill the insert with lamp oil. The top comes off so you can easily pour the oil inside. Then holding it with one hand start filling the vase with the gems. They will hold the insert in place.
How pretty is that! And it only cost a few dollars to make. This would be a great craft to make with a group of friends. That way you could all pitch in on the supplies, like the lamp oil, which is more than one person needs. Alternatively, this could be a great shower or event piece where you could make many of them at once for a pretty low cost.

Patti @Hearth and Vine