Paint odor- how do I get rid of the odor?

+10
we painted a pantry with Kilz Enamel paint and if i close the door the smell is terrible. How do I get rid of the odor?

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Feb 06, 2018
    I would place a fan temporarily inside and run it for a few hours. Have it facing out, with the door open.
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Feb 06, 2018
    Hi Jghckh,
    You can use things like baking soda to absorb the odor or bay leaves that will also keep out bugs. One of my favorite things to use is a cup of vanilla. As a matter of fact, I've read to mix a little vanilla with paint to help prevent the odor. Wishing you the best.
  • Cynthia Light Celino Cynthia Light Celino on Feb 06, 2018
    Purchase some activated charcoal from a pet store, it's used in fish tanks. Get a bucket, put an old rag in the bottom and pour the charcoal in. Leave it in the pantry, closed up overnight. The smell should be gone. If not, leave it longer, but it will work.
  • Ken Ken on Feb 06, 2018
    Ventilation. The odor goes away once the paint is cured. Part of the cost of doing business that it tells you about in the instructions on the paint can.
  • Fatima Fatima on Feb 06, 2018
    walmart and home hardware sell a tub of odour remover it does the trick
    i had the same issue with oil based ceiling paint fir a month till I went to home hardware as they sold me thi item
    it comes in a one inch high round plastic tub
    sorry can't remember the bame
  • Fatima Fatima on Feb 06, 2018
    Name
  • Fxw21585975 Fxw21585975 on Feb 06, 2018
    Put an open box of baking soda. Switch it out after a week. It should absorb the odor and the paint smell will go away eventually.