I hate the floor tile in my bathroom. Can you change the color ?

+5
My bathroom floor tile is a very light grey/white and is very porous. Can you change the color with either a stain or maybe outdoor paint?

• Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Feb 06, 2018
    You can paint tile using concrete paint - use a concrete sealer and primer first. Here's an example of how it can look (not my photo).
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Feb 06, 2018
    Try Dry Brush Stipple Floor Paint.
  • TracyRogersIsLoved TracyRogersIsLoved on Feb 06, 2018
    Sure Carla. By porous I assume that it's linoleum or vinyl. Scuff the surface well with 180-220 grit sandpaper, apply a good coat of primer-sealer and follow up with 2-3 coats of porch and floor enamel or other good quality exterior paint.
    The same with stain, but you would want a solid color stain and not a translucent.
    Hope that helps, Carla.
    If it is a solid clay/porcelain tile believe it or not the steps are primarily the same.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 06, 2018
    what is the floor made of for the correct answer
    • Carla Carla on Feb 07, 2018
      It's tile but I'm not sure if it's porcelan or not. We just purchased the house and it's the original floor tile. I know it isn't glazed, but it isn't smooth either. I just want to give a quick update until I can get it replaced.