Painted Chair With a Twist!

I always wondered about painting upholstered fabric, and after seeing a few ideas on here, I'm hopped on to take a ride! I love to paint... ANYTHING! I paint cakes, people, and now I'm kinda hooked on painting furniture! Two chairs for my house, two chairs to sell! P.S. we've been sitting on the religiously and the paint is holding up beautifully!
So I bought 4 chairs that had great bones but the fabric just didn't work for me...
I used homemade chalk paint and fabric medium to "white out" all of it and leave myself with a blank canvas so to speak
Then the fun began! My oldest daughter wants a shark week bedroom so chair #1 got a wait for it....... SHARK!!!!
A few coats of finishing wax and viola! After all was said and done I was soo excited I just kept going!
One to match my bedroom!
And two to sell!

3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Everything Red For Canada Day
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
15 Memorial Day Crafts
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend

To see more: http://www.facebook.com/TakeTwo719

• Sheila

How would u painta sofa that has leather like material that has peeled?

• Kimberly Bettendorf-Garcia

I’ve never tried it before but if I were going to I would probably remove and loose peeling and sand those edges. Then I would prime it before painting. Again though I’ve never tried painting that kind of surface.

• Linda Rohus

How do you make chalk paint? Is that what younpaint the material on the Chairs with and what kind of wax. Pm me

• Kimberly Bettendorf-Garcia

since I’ve made this chalk paint is readily available in most hardware stores now. I personally used about 3 parts acrylic paint, 1 part plaster, & 1 part fabric medium. The wax was just furniture was found at any Home Depot or Lowes

• Sujata @ miuries.com

How long have you been using them? and also how much do the get used? How does the fabric feel to the touch?

Sorry for so many questions. I have two tub chairs, which I want to paint. That's why I want to be sure how they will hold up over time.

Thanks in advance!

• Sujata @ miuries.com

Thanks for your detailed reply. I just wanted to see if the paint would hold up for daily use in the chairs. I think I will go ahead and paint the fabric.

• Joanne Lewis

I don't have a question. I just wanted to say how much I love the Peacock chair. Peacocks represent my mom for me, and she is no longer here, so when I saw that chair, I fell in love. Now, I will be looking for a chair to change into your beautiful idea. Thank you for sharing! Joanne
  • Steph knepper

Won’t it crack after sitting on it??

• Kimberly Bettendorf-Garcia

The fabric portion of the chairs still look great. If I would change anything after several years of use, I would have used enamel on the arms instead of chalk paint.