Valentine's Day Table Centerpiece and Easy Flower Arranging Hack

$25

Use candy along with this item you usually throw away for easy flower arranging and create a seasonal centerpiece for Valentine's Day.
valentine s day table centerpiece and easy flower arranging hack
I have a handy tip and hack I use that makes flower arranging a breeze and a way to recycle too. . . reuse those plastic netting bags that produce comes in, usually citrus and avocados! Those produce netting bags are strong and flexible, making it an ideal material to support your flower stems and saves you the step of taping off a grid pattern on your vase!
Cut the netting to size to fit the top of your vase and secure it your vase with tape. You can use floral tape for this step or I used wide clear packing tape which makes it quick and easy to secure the slippery netting to the vase. The tape will be concealed once it’s placed inside your larger vase.
Place your taped vase inside a larger vase and use the candy of your choice, filling in between the walls of your vases as decoration and to conceal your flower stems. I used Red Hots Candy Hearts I found at Walmart.
Once your vases are assembled, add water to your taped vase and insert your flower stems using the grid to help arrange and hold them in place.
 I used a combination of hydrangeas, carnations and alstroemeria from the grocery store to fill the candy heart vase as a centerpiece for a Valentine's Day table. More photos and table sources at the blog link below.
Our cozy Valentine's Day table for two is set by our Winter Nesting Tree.
Sparkly snowflakes, silver frosted branches and nesting birds help transform the Christmas tree to a Winter Nesting Tree and brighten cold and dreary winter days with the soft glow of the twinkling lights.

Vases, smaller and larger to nest together
Mary @ Home is Where the Boat Is

• Barbara Graham

Awesome idea, I will definitely try it!! You don’t need a holiday to try it, start every day with flowers!!
  • Carey

Great Idea! Now to find a pair of vases that I can nest!