How do change a gallon of semi gloss paint to satin.

+3
Color is perfect just too shiny!

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 06, 2018
    you cannot ,when the paint is mixed it is a formula based on the finish you have selected
  • Bijous Bijous on Feb 06, 2018
    De-glossing paint will reduce it's sheen, but unless you're a pro at this process, it's not a good idea. You can always buy a quart of flat of the same color and mix the two together. That will bring the sheen down. Good luck.
  • Sharon Sharon on Feb 06, 2018
    Add 1/2c of baking soda, and a bit of water. or you add 1/2c of plaster of paris and upto 1/2c water for a chalk paint type finish.
    • See 1 previous
    • Sharon Sharon on Jun 26, 2021

I did my neighbors whole wooden paneled walls using this and it worked great, and hasn't changed in about 9 years. I started with a gallon of semi-gloss Kitchen and Bath paint.

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Feb 06, 2018
    Take your gallon of paint back where you got it. Ask them to split it between two buckets, and add what they recommend to make your paint less glossy. You should be able to buy the additional paint by the quart, so the cost should be low. They will mix the paint with a machine and the paint will be smooth and ready to use. Best wishes ☺️