Dumpster Dive Bookshelf Makeover, Easy Chippy Finish

I found this bookshelf by a dumpster. 5 gallons of white high gloss paint on it. Instead of the hassle of stripping it, I painted it with 100% natural The happy result was a chippy finish.
dumpster dive bookshelf makeover easy chippy finish, painted furniture, storage ideas
Paint not sticking to your project? Go with it and get an easy chippy finish, then seal it with Cece Caldwell's hard wearing Endurance.
This is the bookshelf as I found it. Very sturdy, but with a ton of white high gloss paint on it. I decided to forgo stripping as it would take hours and too much stripping agent, even a natural product to get through all the paint.
I painted the first layer in CeCe Caldwell's Virginia Chestnut. I realized the paint was resisting very quickly in certain areas. Instead of adding a chemical primer to make the paint stick, I decided to go with the look.
When the Virginia Chestnut dried, I added CeCe Caldwell's Texas Prairie. The paint even chipped in the corners. A very happy accident.
Love the finished look. Apparently someone else did too. It sold quickly!
Redoux Interiors

• Grandma's House

I think this is lovely but I admit 5 gallons of paint made me cringe. Seemed like a lit of paint.

• Redoux Interiors

@Grandma's House Thank you! I may have exaggerated on the 5 gallons! but there was more than enough white paint on it!

• Paula Palmer

yah don,t understand this look and the cost of paint i liked it right out of the dumpster just clean it up maybe add some screen trim molding and stain but you did a great job