Asked on Feb 7, 2018

How to clean grates 2 the stove top?

PeggyKimJanet Pizaro
+4

I've since then, lost the DIY about cleaning the GRATES 2=stove top and I am at a stand point to find it out and am NOT savvy enough and/or....rested. Please(out here/there)....any where....the repeated instructions? I am grateful 2 you and/or....the answer that I need. The results , floored US. Zzzzzzzzzz = well

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Contact the Manufacturer and ask for INSTRUCTIONS or Clean with Brillo Pads and water.
  • Marie Zarlingo
    Marie Zarlingo

I have been a goalkeeper for 25 years.If they are iron grates from a gas stove you can put them in a large trash bag and add enough ammonia to cover the grates in the bag. Seal the bag up overnight. Take the grates out, and rinse them off. All the gunk, burnt on grease will be cleaned off and the gates will look like new. If you have an electric stove, the burner drip pans underneath the burner can also be soaked in ammonia overnight too. Hope this helps with a scrub free solution. Marie
  • Marie Zarlingo
    Marie Zarlingo

I mistyped. I meant to say housekeeper, not goalkeeper. Using the swype method on the keyboard on my phone is not always accurate.
  • Peggy
    Peggy

Thanks so much, and as a matter of fact, I was wondering about which TEAM you goalied for. Much obliged, Marie
  • Kim
    Kim

use the ammonia in a bag overnight! I recently did mine and they’re like brand new!
  • Peggy
    Peggy

Thanks so much, I heard that if you enclose the grates in a bag with ammonia all will be sparkling clean, so I just (purchased the ammonia) and will try this evening... as today is the perfect COOKING IN THE OVEN DAY. M.D.