Best way to pack things to put in the attic

+4
  • CAnn CAnn on Feb 07, 2018
    plastic totes work well
  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Feb 07, 2018
    Totes are great just have someone with you when attempting ladder to get them to attic!
  • Lisa S. Lisa S. on Feb 07, 2018
    I have a lot of things in the plastic toes with lids. That way if the roof ever leaks everything is ok.
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Feb 08, 2018
    Cardboard will attract silverfish. As much as I dislike plastic tubs as plastic does not breathe, and can have adverse effect on fabric over time, I'd rather store things in plastic tubs. If you put two 1 X 1 long boards on top of a row of tubs, you can stack them without the lids collapsing.
  • Emily Emily on Feb 08, 2018
    We have regular stairs to our attic and I use a variety of pieces from a bureau to beds with quilts on them (storing the quilts) to plastic totes for Xmas items, to old suitcases for fancy and out of season clothes, to a big wicker trunk sort of thing. To shelves. First pic is storage in the eaves. Second is closet in a finished room. This closet holds quilts/blankets/seasonal decorative pillows stored in plastic zip bags. A bed in attic. And final pic shows grandkids toys.