Three Dogs in a Garden
Three Dogs in a Garden
  • Canada

Traditional Garden Urns and Contemporary Containers

More container planting ideas
traditional garden urns and contemporary containers, container gardening, flowers, gardening, perennials
Pansies are a great choice for early spring because they will handle of bit of cold well.
Love the mix of purple and orange in this urn.
Pansies again, but this time a single color.
A more contemporary container planting with a colorful mix of annuals.
It doesn't get much simpler: an old fashioned spider plant fills this urn.
A modern take on a container planting. The tall plant in the centre with the large leaves is a Philodendron (commonly used as a houseplant). Lime colored Coleus plants are used underneath the Philodendron (see detail below).
This is a fibreglass urn that I have at the front of my home. I purchased the little bird hoop at Walmart and painted it maroon to match the urn. I found the little birdhouse at Michael's.
Here is an interesting idea: mix herbs and perennials into your container plantings.
Parsley, Sage, Heuchera and Euphorbia have all been mixed in colorful annuals.
A closeup of the Sage leaves.
Creeping Jenny can be an invasive plant in the garden, but it spills beautifully over the edge of a container planting.
A pretty front porch vignette.
Classic and elegant.

Three Dogs in a Garden

• SallyO

Hello, this is a stunning container arrangement. I'm hoping you could provide me a list of the plant names (and qty) you used to create this look. It is spectacular!! Thank you for your assistance.

• Three Dogs in a Garden

This was a container in a garden I visited and photographed. I think she used a Sweet Potato Vine (lime coloured trailing plant). The tall fan-shaped plant is probably a New Zealand Flax. There are a few white geraniums and several different varieties of Calibrachoa. Hope that helps!

• Joffler

Great ideas! Thanks.

• John Somers

Love all the container plantings! Wondering where you purchased the metal urn containers - now they are a real show stopper! Thanks, John