DIY Heart Print Terra Cotta Cactus Pots

$20

A creative and cute Valentine's Day gift idea or a just a fun DIY home decor touch all year round, these DIY heart print, whitewashed terra cotta cactus pots are the easiest DIY project you'll ever tackle with a super fun payoff you'll love!
Mix 1 part Martha Stewart Satin Craft Paint in Porcelain Doll w/ 1 part water in small disposable bowl. To cover all 3 pots I used about two quarter-sized dollops of paint with an equal amount of water. A little goes a long way here. If you want your wash to have a stronger white color that will in turn make your terra cotta pots look more white, add more paint to mixture. I used "Porcelain Doll" for a more flesh-toned wash rather than white.
Apply wash to terra cotta pots using any small, standard wash brush (I used a 1-inch square brush). Wipe immediately with a soft cloth. The less you wipe, the more white your pots will look. I wanted a less obvious whitewash on my pots, so wiped pretty thoroughly after each application to let the peach of the terra cotta come through.
Mix 1 part Martha Stewart Satin Craft Paint in Porcelain Doll with 1 Part Martha Stewart Satin Craft Paint in Poodle Skirt. I used about a quarter-sized dollop of each color in a bowl and that allowed me to paint all of the hearts on all 3 pots. I used this mixture of paint to achieve a subtle blush pink color.
Using a small 1/2 inch, medium stiffness filbert paintbrush (filbert = brush with an oval-shaped head) and your pink paint mixture, paint one small brushstroke angled to the left and one small brushstroke angled to the right, uniting the two strokes at the bottom to make your hearts. 
Using more of your Porcelain Doll/Poodle Skirt paint mixture and any 1-inch medium stiffness paint brush, paint wood hearts and cover completely. Let dry. 
Using more Porcelain Doll/Poodle Skirt paint mixture and any small paintbrush, paint mini wood craft picks and cover completely. Let dry.
Once wood pieces are completely dry, use super glue to affix the wood craft pick to the back of wood heart. Draw one small line of super glue along the top half of the length of the craft pick and place on the center of the back of the wood heart. Hold together briefly and then let dry. 
Write your punny Valentine's Day messages on your hearts using your green Mr. Sketch marker and place sign into your pot.

Martha Stewart Satin Craft Paint in Porcelain Doll
Martha Stewart Satin Craft Paint in Poodle Skirt

Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Love & Specs