Off the Wall Repurposed Paint Brush Hooks

$5

I just bet every single one of us has a paint brush or seven that's gone rock hard or keeps loosing it's bristles. I have loads of them  and I needed to find a way to repurpose them.
That cutie pie in the pic is the latest addition to our family. EeeeeDeeeee Riley Pipsquick The Third. My daughter named her   She must be the one of the smallest fur babies with the longest name ever. Anyways, on to those paint brushes. I decided they would make great hooks and look pretty cool hanging in our bedroom. Here's what you need if you want to save some of your paint brushes from ending up in the trash.
  • Thick, sturdy wire and a pair of pliers
  • Paint in any color you like
  • Strong glue
  • Paint brushes that have gone hard and can't be cleaned (If you don't have some of those you can just dip the bristles in any of that stuff that normally makes the bristles go hard like Mod Podge, glue or varnish)
Clean off any oily residue and spray or paint the brushes in a color that suits your decor. We used a matt black spray paint and copper leaf for ours. Use something sharp, like a metal skewer, to create a gap between the metal bracing that holds the bristles onto the handle.
Bend a few bits of wire to form hooks and then glue them inside that gap.
Hang them on the wall or screw them onto a small pallets shelf to create a unique and trendy little wall rack.
I'd love to hear what you think and whether you've found any interesting ways to repurpose paint brushes. Let me know in the comments and if you need a more detail tutorial, pop into the blog for all the extra bits.

Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Everything Red For Canada Day
Michelle Leslie