Unicorn Spit on Glass

$0

Like anyone that has unicorn Spit you find your self running around your house, to the thrift store or budget stores looking for items to spit on. I really the love unicorn spit on glass this crackle effect can make the most boring glass item become spectacular.

Unicorn Spit on glass

I had these lamps for years and I could not resist doing them in unicorn spit. I washed the lamps in hot soapy water to get all the soot and dirt off them.

Unicorn Spit on glass

I used a plastic syringe to push the unicorn spit into the glass lamp, I was trying to avoid the straight line pattern. I randomly kept turning the glass changing the direction so the colors blended better. I added 3 sprays of water using a fine mist spray. And stood them up to dry, and as you can imagine gravity took over and my design was gone. But all was not lost.

Once the spit was dry I used metallic gold spray paint on the inside.

Unicorn Spit on glass

For the base I wanted to paint the outsides instead. I added one coat of mod podge and left it to dry. It turns clear when dry.

Unicorn Spit on glass

I used midnight blackness to paint the bases. I spray painted the handles gold and gave the base 2 coats of gloss spray polyurethane. I found the base looked a bit to plain, but felt multi colors would be too much. 

Unicorn Spit on glass

So I used cheap fake gold leaf and added it to the raised edges on the base.

Unicorn Spit on glass

The up close detail is awesome this one has battery operated fairy lights inside

Unicorn Spit on glass
Unicorn Spit on glass

The cost of the projects depends on what items you have at home. For me my cost were next to nothing.

For more images of unicorn Spit on glass visit my website www.uniquecreationsbyanita.com

Unicorn Spit on a wooden log planter

Unicorn spit log planter

To see more great unique creations

http://uniquecreationsbyanita.com/how-to-make-a-jewellery-box-cupboard/

http://uniquecreationsbyanita.com/how-to-build-a-phone-charging-st

ation/

31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Unique Creations By Anita

• Marie Dube
    Marie Dube

These are beautiful!! I think I missed something, though. U said gravity took over as they were drying + u lost yr design but once dry u sprayed gold on the inside of lamp. How did u use the Unicorn Spit on outside + not lose yr design? Also, what were the color names u used 4 the green, blue + purple. Did i mix them together in the syringe?

Thank you. Absolutely beautiful!!

• Unique Creations By Anita
      Unique Creations By Anita

You pour the unicorn spit around the inside of the top and it will just run down. Originally I had mine running around the inside so the patterned looked better if you look at the first image the design in the unicorn spit was different. But you have to stand them up to get rid of the excess Unicorn spit. And the spit running down with gravity made the design run down. The gold spray paint fills in the gaps in the Unicorn spit that occur from drying. I used navago Jewel and purple hill.. The outside was just black that was the bottom. I did not mix them in the syringes. They mixed as they ran down the glass, i just kept moving them. Hope this helps if not let me know and I will try help further

• Jewellmartin
    Jewellmartin

Three month’s later and I still haven’t done an oil lamp, but I will! I was wondering if you had used the new US metallics and sparkles? I think they could be used without the need for gold foil or spray. Any of you Hometalkers used the metallic Unicorn SPiT on glass? ☺️

• Louise
    Louise

Not to sound stupid but what the heck is unicorn spit ? LMBO It sounds so funny but nice looking .

• Lisa
    Lisa

Now this I can get into! How beautiful!!

• Valerie Burge
    Valerie Burge

What a stunning outcome! I will get up the nerve to try spitting on glass some day. Hope it turns out as amazing as yours!!!