Pooling of rainwater on my property...

+4
What can I do to either prevent the saturation of my lawn during a rainstorm (by adding more soil) or plant vegetation that will thrive in those locations....?

• Nancy Giordano Nancy Giordano on Feb 09, 2018
    Look into rain gardens. Putting in more soil will only give you a more muddy area in the lawn.
    • Joyce Joyce on Feb 11, 2018

wow, I hadn't thought of that--I'll have to hire someone to help with this!
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Feb 09, 2018
    form a soak a way in the middle of your lawn, or a pond or a bog garden. Any tree will take up water , so will any plants - maybe try making a flowerbed with a tree in the middle..............
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Feb 09, 2018
    Maybe you can dig some narrow trenches to help drain the area. Or spread a load of gravel in the worst area, and plant hydrangea or other large bushes, or a couple of fruit trees. Or set up some bird baths or other concrete yard decor. Best wishes ☺️
  • DesertRose DesertRose on Feb 09, 2018
    You might install a french drain? You could drain the soggy areas that way. They are a lot of work but not difficult to install, if you know what I mean.
  • Joyce Joyce on Feb 09, 2018
    Thank you--I'll look into it.