How to hide 2 huge garbage bins?

+7
I have several wrought iron trellis, 2x4’s
q how to hide 2 huge garbage bins
  • Dfm Dfm on Feb 09, 2018
    i do wish those will go out of favor. they are quite awkward. they are taller than my arm pits and a *itc* for me to get the garbage/ recycling in. the pick up guys wont leave them upright, they get tossed on their sides.

i hope your crew is much more respectful. the trellis is a bit see thru unless planted with climbers. have your garden store person help you select a non invasive flowering vine.
    • Debra Debra on Feb 10, 2018
      No, they drag the bins across the tree lawn , so now it is just dirt . They leave them in the street, on their sides. Pick out , from the bins, what they won’t take& throw it on the lawn.
      Largo, Florida
  • Ann Cherkas Halstead Ann Cherkas Halstead on Feb 09, 2018
    you could build a frame and attach wood fencing to make a 3 aided box
    Sided
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Feb 09, 2018
    About your trash can—even though it is City-issued, you can use any color of duct tape or wide clear sealing tape to repair the cracks until your can is replaced, by you or the city. I bet your neighbors’ look just as beat up. If you can, add your house number to both receptacles. And I hope you find a solution to hiding the cans. If you do any construction and design, please document your progress on Hometalk.com. Many people have the same problem. ☺️
  • Debra Debra on Feb 10, 2018
    Thanks for the ideas!

• Debra Debra on Feb 10, 2018
    Thanks everyone!🌴😎
  • Kapiteinterzee Kapiteinterzee on Feb 10, 2018
    Here is a photo of our homemade trellis that hides our trash containers that are just like yours. The trellis took me about 8 hours to build from treated wood fence slats we had in our garage. The two vines we planted are growing and they should be hiding the containers in a few months.

• Dillydally Dillydally on Feb 12, 2018
    We tip our trash guys a few times a year with sodas, cold waters, or a few bucks for their lunch and they actually put our trash cans away behind a latticed fence. Sometimes small gestures go a long way.