Build a Raised Bed

$20

Building raised beds is easy and quick, get these tips.
togetherfarm blocks raised beds for gardening
I went with 2 x 6 boards. In hind site going taller might have been a better idea.

Measurements included a simple 4 x 8 frame and once the wood was cut it took minutes to put it all together.
For the corners I used scrap wood, most of these pieces were leftover 2 x 4 pieces that work great for corners.

I used three 2 x 6 boards of natural pine. This led to establishing one cut to equal two 4 ft. boards.

This was so easy that I decided to build 2 more that same day. Everything was connected in the corners to those corner pieces using screws and I drilled pilot holes first to keep the wood from splitting.
One the bed was connected I carried it to the garden and filled with natural ingredients. I live on a farm so this was a little bit of everything great including animal droppings then covered it all with soil.

I'll let this bed sit for a couple weeks to decompose, add more soil and get ready to plant.
Build your own raised beds in minutes and begin growing food and flowers you can be proud of. For more Gardening Click here.

• 2 x 6 pine boards
  • Screws and corner pieces
Garden Up Green - Carole

• Annette

Regardless if a homeowner is wanting a raised garden for flowers or to plant veg's $49.98 for a 2'X2' is outrageous.

• @Annette Just sharing a concept that I saw online - A little pricey yes but it is neat it's made from recycled materials in the USA - somebody thinking outside the box is a great thing.

• Carolyn Collier

Just get old boards. Everyone is tossing out old boards as they remodel. I use them. Works fine. :-)

• @Carolyn Collier I hear ya- think the concept with this product is you can take it with you if you decide to move. A one time investment kind of thing.