Build a Raised Bed

1K Views
Building raised beds is easy and quick, get these tips.
Time: 20 MinutesCost: $20Difficulty: Easy
  • togetherfarm blocks raised beds for gardening
I went with 2 x 6 boards. In hind site going taller might have been a better idea.

Measurements included a simple 4 x 8 frame and once the wood was cut it took minutes to put it all together.
For the corners I used scrap wood, most of these pieces were leftover 2 x 4 pieces that work great for corners.

I used three 2 x 6 boards of natural pine. This led to establishing one cut to equal two 4 ft. boards.

This was so easy that I decided to build 2 more that same day. Everything was connected in the corners to those corner pieces using screws and I drilled pilot holes first to keep the wood from splitting.
One the bed was connected I carried it to the garden and filled with natural ingredients. I live on a farm so this was a little bit of everything great including animal droppings then covered it all with soil.

I'll let this bed sit for a couple weeks to decompose, add more soil and get ready to plant.
Build your own raised beds in minutes and begin growing food and flowers you can be proud of. For more Gardening Click here.

Suggested materials for this project:

• 2 x 6 pine boards
  • Screws and corner pieces
Garden Up Green - Carole

Ask a Question