Gail--My Repurposed Life
Gail--My Repurposed Life
  • Louisville, KY

Repurposed T.v. Stand (pet Bed) With Wooden Chevron Patterned Top

I picked up the shell of an old t.v. at my Habitat for Humanity ReStore, and repurposed making it useful and pretty!
repurposed t v stand pet bed with wooden chevron patterned top, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
The top of the cabinet had a lot of water damage, so I needed to find a pretty solution to cover it up.
I added a bottom shelf, primed it, then painted it Naval, (pottery barn blue)
I used slats from an unwanted louvered door for the chevron top, light sanding the shine off so the stain would absorb.
After gluing the slats onto the top with Gorilla Wood Glue, I used Minwax Walnut to stain, and seal them.
Now I have a very useful, functional piece of furniture that can be used as a pet bed--or not.
I love the color and the dark stain combination, don't you? For more details, click over to My Repurposed Life (the blog)
Gail--My Repurposed Life

• Mary

how did you get the picture tube out of the old tv ? I've been told that I need to get an electrical person to "discharge" the tv, in case there is stored charge in it.

• Gail--My Repurposed Life

I've heard it is dangerous. I have repurposed several, but only removed one. I was nervous, but it went okay. I advise you to find one already gutted, or get a professional's advice.

• Diane

Beautiful!! Love that pattern on top - looks like that was a lot of work!

• MM

Ha! I love it! Especially the pattern you created on the top!