Should you use caulk to seal cracks between cabinet and the wall?

+8
q should you use caulk to seal cracks between cabinet and the wall
  • Sharon Sharon on Feb 10, 2018
    I do caulk all cracks to keep out the spiders, I just use paintable silicon caulk.
  • Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Feb 10, 2018
    You can use caulk to seal the crack but be sure to purchase one that is paintable.
  • Cathy Dillon Cathy Dillon on Feb 10, 2018
    I have such a small experience with caulk - but at least I am not so afraid of it. I think YES, definitely. Caulk is removeable. There are formulations that are better / more suitable for being painted over. It is also stretchy/ flexible.
  • William William on Feb 10, 2018
    Yes definitely! Especially for fixed and built ins. A small bead of caulk in the crack and a wet finger to smooth it out.
  • Renee Renee on Feb 10, 2018
    We always used Alex painter's caulk. Cheap and effective. Have water and paper towels handy. A wet finger is the best tool for smoothing the bead, but you'll want plenty of paper towels handy to avoid a mess.
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Feb 10, 2018
    Yes - is this a settling crack?
    • Sue Sue on Feb 10, 2018
      I think it is. It is between my kitchen cupboard and the wall but does not go all the way down.
  • Dot Dot on Feb 10, 2018
    Most caulk stays pliable to pull off if needs be. Sometimes I use a box blade to trim flat and then sand. Once in a while I pull an entire trim board off or a facing, mine are not ornate. Clean them up and repaint, looks brand new
  • Mogie Mogie on Feb 12, 2018
    Paintable caulk.
  • NC Landlady NC Landlady on Feb 13, 2018
    Try this... http://www.sashco.com/products/big-stretch/ Great product that will not crack or pull away if house shifts.