Asked on Feb 10, 2018

Should you use caulk to seal cracks between cabinet and the wall?

NC LandladyMogieDot
+8

q should you use caulk to seal cracks between cabinet and the wall
  • Sharon

I do caulk all cracks to keep out the spiders, I just use paintable silicon caulk.

• Joy30150932

You can use caulk to seal the crack but be sure to purchase one that is paintable.

• Cathy Dillon

I have such a small experience with caulk - but at least I am not so afraid of it. I think YES, definitely. Caulk is removeable. There are formulations that are better / more suitable for being painted over. It is also stretchy/ flexible.

Yes definitely! Especially for fixed and built ins. A small bead of caulk in the crack and a wet finger to smooth it out.

• Renee

We always used Alex painter's caulk. Cheap and effective. Have water and paper towels handy. A wet finger is the best tool for smoothing the bead, but you'll want plenty of paper towels handy to avoid a mess.

• Sal16079439

Yes - is this a settling crack?

• Shv25197071

I think it is. It is between my kitchen cupboard and the wall but does not go all the way down.

• Dot

Most caulk stays pliable to pull off if needs be. Sometimes I use a box blade to trim flat and then sand. Once in a while I pull an entire trim board off or a facing, mine are not ornate. Clean them up and repaint, looks brand new

• Mogie

Paintable caulk.

• NC Landlady

Try this... http://www.sashco.com/products/big-stretch/ Great product that will not crack or pull away if house shifts.