Make Your Own Steam Mop Pads

$2

I'm already in Spring cleaning mode so I've been cleaning like a mad woman lately! We bought a Swiffer Bissell Steamboost Mop recently and it came with two of the cleaning pads for it. They smelled wonderful, but I was concerned that the solution on them may not be good for our three cats to be walking around on as well as the the refill pads are kind of expensive in my opinion, especially for as often as I mop my floors.

I decided to find a more natural way to clean my floors so this is my solution for saving money and *keeping my cats safe in the long run.

First of all I needed a cloth to attach to the mop to grab up all the yuckiness. A microfiber cleaning cloth was what I decided on so off to the Dollar Tree I went and lucky enough, I got two towels for one dollar! Yep $1 yall!!!

FYI, this is the lazy, no cut, no sew method for my fellow impatient types out there! lol!

First I removed the tags from my towels (just my preference) then I centered the mop on the towel.

Fold the ends up to the edge of the mop on both sides.

You will see a little rubber slot on each corner to tuck your towel in to. Its very grippy by the way.

Using one finger I tucked each corner into the provided slots making sure my towel was tight on the mop base.

For the placement demo I was showing you with a dry towel, but before actually mopping, I wet the towel and then wrung it out pretty well.

You can get the exact recipe I use for mopping my floors, right here and also *a very important message for pet owners too!

I used a kitchen funnel and an empty glass cleaner bottle for storing my solution. Recycle!

Make sure your steam mop has distilled water in it, plug it in to warm up and then spray a generous amount of your diy cleaning solution down.

This Swiffer Bissell Steamboost Mop has changed my mopping life! I love it and I feel like my floors are getting much cleaner than when I used a nasty looking traditional mop. I have no idea why I haven't gotten one before now.

Just keep spraying your solution and mopping until your towel has reached it maximum amount of "dirty", then change if necessary and repeat.

The towel is filthy but the floor is clean now! I swept before I mopped and this microfiber towel still picked up bits and pieces of yuck that was left behind as well as grabbed the dirt too. Now I just toss this in the washer and it will be good to go for next time.

I'm always trying to save money when I can and of course I'm going to share it with you each and every time! I hope you enjoy this cleaning tip as much as I do.

If you like my cleaning tips I have more listed on the blog. Link down below. Thanks for looking!

DeeDee

• Anna Smith

Yes i know they did this for the wildlife. However im not talking about bathing and rinsing it off again. Im talking about them ealking on the floor and licking their paws or cleaning themselves after being on the floor. Just like air fresheners sprayed in the air it lands on the floor and when pets clean themselves they ingest it. Just my opinion. You can do it your way.

• DeeDee

Hi Anna! This solution is safe for animals. I have three cats, that's why I choose to use this solution. :)

• Michael

Hey, I was really amazed when I saw your post cause I was also thinking about how to save some money on refill pads since I love cleaning a lot. Your advice is a lifesaver and the fact that I won't have to worry about my cat makes it a lot better. I'm definitely going to take note of this and try it as soon as I can.

Thanks DeeDee.

• DeeDee

Hello Michael! Thank you! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! :)