Do you have any ideas for a Valentine centerpiece? No flowers, please.

+4
Will be hosting a service project a few days after Feb. 14 and need a cute, easy centerpiece idea for refreshment table.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 11, 2018
    https://www.hometalk.com/3068738/valentine-s-day-centerpiece
  • DesertRose DesertRose on Feb 11, 2018
    You could "marbleize" a small vase that has a heart shape in it or any special shape you like. To see a super idea how to marbleize anything, here is my tutorial for valentines. Just adapt it to your need for a center piece. You might be able to find an inexpensive white pitcher or decoration of some kind to marbleize. Another idea covered in the tutorial is to put 3D stickers on faux candles. I would use white ones with the red stickers or pink ones with the red stickers. https://www.hometalk.com/34812819/surpise-your-valentine
  • Bkl12913847 Bkl12913847 on Feb 11, 2018
    How about colorful cookies on a lollypop stick stuck into a colander or watermelon.
  • Eleanor Korf Eleanor Korf on Feb 11, 2018
    I had three 3" x 6" tall candles of the "wrong" color. I found some sparkly 6" ribbon that I affixed to the candles, then I found a pretty valentine ribbon I put around the middle of the candles. When I found some sparkling red wire that had red hearts, probably used for wrapping packages, and had an ah! ha! moment and pulled it apart enough to put it over the candles in airy "messy" coils and I have had many compliments. By the way, I also used them at Christmas time by using a Christmasy ribbon around the middle of the candles, decorated them with holly etc. around the bases of the candles. I don't know if you could burn them without the ribbon catching fire, but if you are always present and watching them you might be able to do so. I am keeping them for future decorations so will not burn them.
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on Feb 11, 2018
    Get a red bucket, one of the lower ones at Dollar Tree. Fill it up with some styro foam at the bottom about 1 1/2" from the top of bucket, then fill with white shredded basket filler, get some wooden skewers and attach candy bars, heart boxes, whatever you like and put them down through the styro foam. You can also add some heart stickers on the bucket and a ribbon around it.
  • Cynthia H Cynthia H on Feb 11, 2018
    What about using a paper lantern with a flickering artificial candle inside. You could pick both up from the dollar store.