Repainted All the Walls in Our Mobile Home, and Redone Our Kitchen.

We live in a Mobile Home, but I have redone all the walls to make it look like a house. I can't find any pictures of our home before I redid it, maybe I didn't even take any because it looked so bad, although I know now I should have.
My husband made new doors with dental molding for my cabinets and painted all the cabinets white using gloss paint, so I could wash them. He put up new backsplash a few years ago, and added a new black sink and industrial faucet that came from Lowe's. We redid the bathrooms, put up tile, floor covering, and added a new sink and faucet from Lowe's.
repainted all the walls in our mobile home and redone our kitchen, bathroom ideas, home decor, home improvement, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design
The window curtain came from Ollies and I only payed $4.00 for it. The lion head door pulls was given to me from my step daughter.
My husband put glass in 3 of my cabinet doors.
We added a stainless steel gas stove and refrigerator, from sears.
My husband built this butcher block table from some reclaimed oak wood that he had, and underneath it also stores my mixers and some more thing that aren't used a lot. The floor is tile that came from Lowe's that was also on sale.
The dining room light was given to me by my daughter.
We added the slide outs to my cabinets for more convenience, and storage because we don't have that many cabinets.
This is the bath room before we redone it.
This is our new tile that came from Lowe's that was on sale.
The floor also came from Lowe's on sale.
The mirror, counter top, and the sink all came from Lowe's, all on sale. As you can see I only buy things that are on sale.
Finished bath.

• Lin

How did you paint the walls and cover seams? I have a mobile also with walls that have wallpaper wallboard.

• Deborah Morey

I am currently in the process of wallpapering my kitchen, baths and an accent wall in the living room and after removing the strips over the seams I "mudded" the drywall seams, let it dry and sanded it smooth to match the rest of the wall

• Silvia

I use heavy duty wall liner unpasted paintable. You can get it at Wall paper to go web. Is cheap and very happy with the results.

• Mary

I reversed my paneling (1971 mobile home) and there were no lines. I don't know about newer homes, but I bought a 5 gal. container of joint compound. I swirled it on the walls (Spanish style) then (after drying) painted it. I did the same reversal of wall board--I had wood wallboard, and seal the seams with putty, and wallpapered one room. I put brick over my stove, and a chair rail, and wall paper for the rest of the kitchen. The home was moved several times, but I never had any cracks. I sold the home in 1983 for three times what I paid for it.

• I used joint compound, on the seams, sanded and then painted, never had any problem with my walls or paint..my mobile home also had wallpaper boards, but when I finished with sanding the seams other than the ceiling you can't tell that its a mobile home..

• Erin

How easy is it to tile. We too live in a mobile home and are redoing our bathroom but he guy who was gonna do it left us high and dry we have all the material just need to know how to do it. Thanks

• Lagree Wyndham

Its relatively easy, I suggest going to a workshop to see how it is done. Lowes and Home Depot often have these classes.

• Its not that hard if your floors are level, they need to be level or they will crack..I never went to a work shop, I just decided to try it my self, and it worked out fine..

• Hoss

BE sure to put a cement board beneath the tile to prevent grout/tile cracking
  • Grant

Was there a tub in the bathroom before the shower stall was installed?

• Muhd Puhdlz

Much appreciation for the very needed DIY info on the mobile homes.

I too, live in a double-wide that is looong overdue for upgrades.

I have many questions as I have never had an option nor opportunity to do renovations before now..where does one begin??

I suppose what I am asking is if there is an order,or system that you use that helps the process go smoothly?

• Jeanine Elizalde

I also live in a mobile home that desperately needs updating. I'll be watching for answers as well.

• Cheryljok

I bought my mobile home for $8,000 2 years ago. Most everything needed updating badly. It is my second home, I've made it into a beach cottage. I just started by doing the things that bugged me the worst first and along the away ran into minor Plumbing issues, a damaged bathroom floor and central heating that I had to replace. Being a single woman in her sixties it really has been a labor of love just one step at a time. When I get frustrated I sit and cry a while and then the Lord picks me up puts me back on my feet and I keep going. Blessings to all of you!

• Kathy P

I too line in a Double wide ... I have a vinyl on my walls, how do you paint them so the paint will stay?

I have been thinking about tile floors but or underlayment is a pressboard material, can tiling be done?

• Tinadyost205

Thank you for sharing about updating your home. I too live in a "moble home" and yours is the first posts I have seen especially for mobile homes. I will be updating my master bath and look to you for the inspiration.

• Jennie Perez

Thanks your makeover is beautiful. I am in the process of doing my mobile home and you are an inspiration with your fotos.