Jamala W
Jamala W
  • Whitmire, SC

Herbal Cart

$9.00

I got this dreary vintage utility cart at a yard sale for $5.00 and a slew of clay flower pots (45) for $4.00.
herbal cart, flowers, gardening, outdoor furniture, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
I washed the utility cart with warm soapy water
I got all these flower pots for $4.00. I'll be using them little by little for each project. But for this project I used 4. I washed them in hot soapy water.
Gave the cart a face lift by spray painting it using Krylon indoor/outdoor paint in blue ocean breeze and metallic gold
Used decorative duct tape to enhance it. Planted my herbs in each pot
It is now my herbal plant station. Each pot was painted in pastel colors
now I have easy access to freshly cut herbs

Jamala W

• Sonja

Where can i purchase decorative duct tape? And were did u score the pots for 4
    • Jamala W

I got the tape from Wal-Mart and the pots was from a yard sale

• Ann Marie

We had a cart just like this one in our house when I was growing up. It lived in the pantry off the kitchen as a home for a Westinghouse (electric) oven -- precursor of today's microwaves. lol
    It was painted many times over the years in different colors, and it usually was my job to do the painting (when I was old enough, of course) every time Mom wanted to change the decor. And Mom changed the decor frequently ! She loved to re-decorate. And of course, the colors changed with the trends over the years -- started out red, went to avocado green, then beige, and finally white. I don't know what happened to that table once Mom was gone, but your post brought back some pleasant memories. Thanks ! And great job, BTW, it looks fantastic !
  • Aimee

What an amazing DIY! Fab color! 2 Thumbs up!!