How can I rid my house of ants in the walls?

+4
Recently moved into this house and there seem to be little tiny ants in the walls. They come out under the baseboard and they leave what looks like dark sand on the floor at the baseboard. What do I do to get them out of the walls?

• Carolyn Harvey Carolyn Harvey on Feb 12, 2018
    Are you sure that they aren't dry wood termites?

• Catherine Ross Catherine Ross on Feb 12, 2018
    Get Orkin exterminator

• Lisa Maze Lisa Maze on Feb 12, 2018
    You might have drywood termites, I would call an exterminator for an inspection.
  • Joanne lueke Joanne lueke on Feb 12, 2018
    Carpenter ants- call an exterminator right away .
  • Gale Allen Jenness Gale Allen Jenness on Feb 12, 2018
    Have you seen any of them or just hearing them? Be sure there really ants and not termites? Sugar ants should be in the house where you can see them looking for food. Their are poison for ants that they will take back to their nest and kill them all over time. Might check to see if there’s a company in your area for diy poison spraying? We have a place in Portland I use to get my poison from. But of course your easier and safest option is to hire an exterminator to do the job. They usually guarantee for least a year, so will come back free within that year if your still having ant problems?
  • Martha Anne Horning Martha Anne Horning on Feb 12, 2018
    Carpenter ants are large, not tiny.