Swapping Door Hardware for MAJOR Design Impact!

$200

I'm ashamed to admit this, but here goes nothing! We have lived in our wonderful (imperfect) home for five years - and it wasn't until this passed weekend that I realized all the door knobs on our bedroom floor were different. *face palm* haha I mean, I guess door knobs aren't really something you think about until they stop working or you get locked in a room ... but once I noticed? Well, then something had to change!
There's the master before. The gorgeous 1980s style knob (so ugly!) and here is the other style knob we had. So. much. fake. brass.
We really like contrast in our house and have tried to create a warm mix of wood, neutral and soft wall colours mixed with darker metals. We have updated our stair way with a brand new burnt penny bannister and spindles and have a gorgeous oil rubbed bronze fixture hanging in our dining room. So we figured we'd continue the trend with these knobs and use a similar finish.
Swapping door knobs is actually a really simple DIY. You essentially just need a screwdriver and maybe a chisel to make the door plate fit snugly. But that's it! We popped off the old ones and added the new ones...and OMG... what a difference a couple of hours and some oil rubbed bronze makes :)
Head to my blog to see the full range of before and after photos! (And to read about how we did this DIY with a toddler in tow).

DIY Passion

• R satin nickel knobs still stylish?

• Kat Ivester Simmons

i loved my brushed nickel! Gold to me is tacky, and the darker finishes just look old and worn out. Whatever you like is in style! It’s your house, make it like you want it!!

• R satin nickel knobs still stylish?

• Susan

It’s so expensive to replace these. But I don’t want to pain them all. I did paint my front door outside handle and keypad to black. Makes a huge improvement.

• Dawn

What do you think about having the hinges match the knob? If you change the color of the knob, should you change the color of the hinges to match the new knob?

• Rachelle

I like my hinges to match, but it's just a personal preference. That's what's great about hint decor, you can do whatever youl want! It's YOUR choice.😊

• Rox28678714

You can also spray paint your hardware with rust oleum oiled rub bronze. It now comes as paint by the quart also. Recycle what you have. I did this with an outside door a few years ago and it has held up

• JackieO./3

I have original glass knobs... to my dismay... ppl. Love them... so do I ... love

Your ideas thx