Thrifted Glass Bird Feeders

$5.00

Put together a shabby-chic bird feeder from thrift store finds and garage sale goodies!
Pick up pretty glasses vases, candy dishes even candle holders where ever you can find them. I became obsessed and had quite the collection....
Play around until you find the right pieces that look good together. Then it is as simple as adhering them together!
Once dry it's time to hang them. This can be done in a number of ways but I reused copper wire and love the look.
These make great gifts too! Think Mother's Day, Teacher Gifts, a Hostess Gift for a gardener or a sweet way to Welcome a New Neighbor.
See the entire tutorial and more Thrifted Glass Bird Feeders on my post =)

26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
Day2day SuperMom

• Jo Anne Ratcliff
    Jo Anne Ratcliff

Can you use a glue gun instead?
  • Cheryl Roop
    Cheryl Roop

I have put some feeders togather, but they are all falling. Idon' t know if the glue I use is not cured or what? They are coming apart at the hanger or at the glass rim. Ge ll silicone. Liquid nails clear and Lexel. Don't know if using tomuch or not enough. How long do you let yours cure for?
    • I use 6000 glue for all my glass projects... dries overnight... one secret I learned.... try to keep your bird feeders as light as possible...... too heavy pieces puts stress on glue joints.......

• Kathy Repp
    Kathy Repp

So do you recommend the GE Silicone 1 instead of the DAP Silicone Sealant listed in the directions? My sisters and I made some glass flowers using Gorilla 2 part resin for the glass part and the GE Silicone 1 to adhere the glass to a drilled hockey puck. However, the hockey puck came loose from the glass. We did spray the puck and rebar with spray paint before we glued them so we are wondering if that affected the bond?