Red Wind Studio
Red Wind Studio
  • Canada

Pretty in Pink

Every once in a while I just need to push the envelope of what is expected. I purchased this lovely cabinet from Attic Treasures with every intention of painting it nice neutral colours to fit in to many colour schemes. Well I changed my mind and decided to change things up a bit and make this cabinet every little princess' dream cabinet for her room.
pretty in pink, painted furniture
I gave it a good cleaning with vinegar and water then took out the lattice from the door so it could be painted. It did not sit flat so I was not sure whether I would be putting it back into the door. I chose to use FAT Paint Pink Cashmere for the entire cabinet's interior and exterior with Warm White as the accent colour.
pretty in pink, painted furniture
There is quite a bit of mill work on the unit so I was careful in my choosing of what I would paint white. I didn't want the cabinet to become too busy. I wanted to ensure there was balance and the white enhanced the cabinet's detail and not overwhelmed it.
pretty in pink, painted furniture
On the interior back wall I painted white stripes to give some interest to the interior. I kept the shelves pink including the other walls inside. Once the lattice was painted I discovered I could not get it to lie flat against the glass so I kept it out. With the stripes on the back wall the lattice is not missed.
pretty in pink, painted furniture
I chose to keep the original pulls and painted them pink and then applied silver gilding wax to soften their look.
pretty in pink, painted furniture
Here is the beauty in her entirety. A natural wax was used to seal the finish and then lightly buffed to provide a slight sheen. The two shelves are adjustable and the large drawer glides easily. The Pink Cashmere Cabinet is ready to display the precious treasures of a little princess.
To stay up on what is happening at Red Wind Studio visit our Face Book Page

To see more: http://redwindstudio.ca/store/2014/04/17/pretty-in-pink/

• Tamara K

I want this and you must give therefore either give it to me or sell it!! (Please?) Yes, sellable only to me!! :)

• Jeannine

As always, you do stellar work. I love pinning your work because of the colors and the uniqueness of your work. I always look forward to the post when it says "Red Wind Studio" on it, I know it will be a phenomenal piece. Keep up the artistic work!