Teri
Teri
  • Bellingham, WA

Pulled Out Garden Decor for Spring

My dad made this crane planter box and gave it to me when he moved into a retirement home. I mosaiced it and added it to my front yard by my otter fountain. Sure hope he eats slugs.lol
My crane my 86 year old dad made and I mosaic
Now that Spring is here but we still have lots of rain I started to bring out my Garden decor.
pulled out garden decor for spring, gardening, outdoor living
Easter cart
Easter cart
I planted sweet peas in my cart and added my garden bunny. Metal birds also hang out on this.
My palm tree made it through the winter. Last year I covered it and put it in the shed. Im so glad that I was able to bring it out for spring.
My Easter window display.
My Easter window display.
And with Easter just around the corner I pulled out my vintage paper honeycomb eggs and paper display and brightened up my bay window.

• Rebecca DeMars Stamper

OMG! I have one of these Heron planters also! It belonged to my oldest sister who passed away 4 years ago. It has broken just above where the legs insert into the body so I have been unable to use it. I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it since it belonged to my sister and was given to me by my brother-in-law. This is an inspiration to fix it and do the mosaic application to it. Thank you soooooo much! I can hardly wait to do this to make it a special memory of my sister.

• Teri

@Rebecca DeMars Stamper Mine had broken feet and needed some repairs but knew this would probably be the last big project my dad would do with wood. Since he has no feeling in his finger tips I also knew it took allot of work for dad to make. He just looked at a picture and cut the pieces out. Its so special to me and Im sure yours will bet a beautiful piece to remember your sister too. Hope you post pictures..love to see it.

• Noirin Mcbrien

Very pretty!