Repurposed Rake Spring Decor - Video

$10

With a flower bundle and some ribbon, you can turn any old rake into some fresh looking spring decor for your front porch or home!

A $ 1-yard sale rake (and its pitchfork buddy) and a few 40% off stem bundles from Michaels make the EASIEST Spring decor project I think I've ever done!

Find out how to make your own repurposed rake spring decor by reading the tutorial or watching the video below!

Here are the supplies you will need:

• rake
  • stem bundle
  • ribbon
  • scissors
  • hot glue gun + glue sticks

Step 1: Grab your flower bundle and decide where you want to place it on your rake. Then apply hot glue to the rake and adhere your flower bundle. While doing this step, make sure you add hot glue between the flower stems.

Note- Are you wondering why I bought the stem bundles instead of those loose floral stems? Well, flower arranging is not my strength, so picking up a few of these pre-assembled bundles saved me a TON of time. Besides the flower bundles being pre-assembled, they were also cut shorter. Meaning, I didn't have to trim anything before gluing them on to the rake! So, before starting this project, you may want to think about whether or not you want to go the flower bundle or loose floral stem route.

Step 2: Cut a 3-inch piece of ribbon and wrap it around the stems and rake, leaving a ''tail'' at each end. Then take another 3-inch piece of ribbon and fold it several times. Finally, tie that piece of ribbon to the rake using the ''tails'' from the first piece of ribbon we added to the rake.

Step 3: Fluff your ribbon and trim the ends of your ribbon, as desired. Then fluff and arrange your flowers around the ribbon.

And voila! With a few inexpensive craft supplies, you can turn an old rake into something beautiful for your spring home decor!

To get more project inspiration for your home and to learn more about the products used in this project, stop by my blog!

• Rake
  • Stem bundle
  • Ribbon

Beth Kingston