What's the easier way to get wallpaper off the wall?

+8
It's starting to come off a little bit & my great grandson has written on part of it. I rent a pre-fab home & it probably came installed originally. It's in the Diningroom.

• Cindy Cindy on Feb 15, 2018
    Hi Karyn, You could use a scoring tool to put holes in the wallpaper. Then use a spray bottle to soak the paper. It's important that the water gets into the holes. Wait 15 or 20 minutes. Then scrape the wallpaper off with a putty knife. Keeping the paper saturated is key. Best of luck to you.
  • Jan28292013 Jan28292013 on Feb 15, 2018
    learned from a professional: if therer is no plastic in the wall paper, a scoring tool is not needed. mix a gallon of water with 2 cups of Downy fabric softener. wipe down wall with the solution, wait 20-30 minutes and scrape.
  • Donna Arthur Donna Arthur on Feb 16, 2018
    Mix fabric softener with water - about half and half - and spray the wallpaper until it is thoroughly saturated. I also use a handy tool that makes marks in the wallpaper, but you can use anything - just so the spray can penetrate. Give it about 20 minutes and it will pull off in large strips. Sometimes in the whole strip.
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Feb 16, 2018
    Has the landlord given you permission to remove this? You must get permission first as it is his property and you may lose your deposit.
    • Karyn Karyn on Feb 16, 2018
      I'm sure he won't mind, but I'd definitely check before I do anything. I just wasn't sure how difficult of a job this might be Or how to do it.