What do I do with a tree trunk, that measures 3.5 ft diameter?

+5
q what do i do with a tree trunk that measures 3 5 ft diameter
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 16, 2018
    Do you want to kill it or save it?
  • Lynn Lynn on Feb 16, 2018
    Make a planter or rent a stump grinder and take it down to the ground! Companies will come and due it 4 you!
  • Patricia Patricia on Feb 16, 2018
    I have one that is still in the ground and cut level across the top. I use that to put a focal plant on and add plants around it for a pretty area in the yard. I have another one that was cut level across the bottom and top. That one I put on the back patio with a soft round cushion for extra seating.
  • Tusharbina Tusharbina on Feb 16, 2018
    create a seat or tables Look line for stationary ideas to make them attractive and usable After cutting them up and using it for decorative purpose
  • Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Feb 16, 2018
    put a bird bath saucer on top; attach a round, outdoor fabric cushion with velcro tape, neat -- wish I had it! Sorry you lost the whole tree though!
  • Homertalk Homertalk on Feb 16, 2018
    Saw it into lumber for garden projects.
  • Joa17588384 Joa17588384 on Feb 19, 2018
    A no. yrs ago I bought 2 wall clocks made from slabs of tree trunk. The wood was treated and shellaced. The clock works were Roman numerals, and they were beautiful. Unfortunately we had a fire and clocks were destroyed. Please don't destroy the trunks, make something beautiful out of them. You'll never regret it.
  • Marianne Toy Marianne Toy on Mar 29, 2021

spray it for bugs, coat it with a clear acrylic spray to make it decorative. drill holes in it, fill the holes with potting soil or just put pots in the holes and turn it into a flower/ plant holder as a border garden.