Can you paint over wall paper

+4
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Feb 16, 2018
    Yes as long as it is in good order and is not vinyl. Use Emulsion Paint...
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 16, 2018
    Not a recommended practice ,down the road it will bubble and peel
  • Russell sturm Russell sturm on Feb 16, 2018
    Sometimes depending on the paper type and glue used, try a small area prior to painting the whole wall as some will bubble and separate from the wall'
  • DesertRose DesertRose on Feb 16, 2018
    You really should remove it the wall paper. You would have to remove it after a year or so anyway to fix even bigger of a mess. Sorry. Just wet and peel and scrape. It is tedious but worth it!
  • Patricia Tresp Patricia Tresp on Feb 16, 2018
    Yes ,painted my dining room over 40 years ago . It was a flocked patern . I love it, very modern looking
  • Flipturn Flipturn on Feb 17, 2018
    I would suggest you first read through some of the questions here on Hometalk regarding others' difficulties and frustrations in trying to remove wallpaper that has been painted over. The job is not fast or easy.
  • Edna Edna on Feb 17, 2018
    You can paint over wallpaper but it will look terrible. Bite the bullet and rent a power steamer. It will still be a lot of work to take it off but
    will have a good result.