Thrift Store Frame Chalkboard DIY

$10

Here’s how to make a beautiful thrift store frame chalkboard from all of those beautiful frames you see on old paintings at thrift stores and garage sales! This thrift store frame project is one that I’ve wanted to do for quite a long time. I always see amazing frames on old paintings at the thrift store and I always think that they would make great chalkboards. I’m never quite sure though as to just how to execute that whole process successfully so that I end up with a nice, neat final product.
I started out by carefully removing the old glass from the frame. There was papery tape holding the glass and cardboard backing in place. There were also a whole bunch of staples, so I removed all that.
Next, I cut a piece of super smooth MDF to size and painted it with two coats of chalkboard paint.
[If you are looking for another really easy and affordable thrift store project, check out Updating Thrift Store Baskets to Use Around the Home!]
Then, I painted the old frame white and distressed it, just because that was the kind of look I felt like doing at the moment
I used  my new chalk lettering skills that I learned a few months ago to quickly add a cute message. Every chalkboard needs a cute message.

• Tape
  • Chalkboard Paint

CreekLineHouse .