How do you resurface a concrete floor to make it smooth?

+6
  • Dav32681054 Dav32681054 on Feb 18, 2018
    A company called ARDEX makes a product that resurfaces concrete. It is self leveling and needs to be applied in a pour no thinner than 1/4" or so. It is a slurry when mixed properly and thus is easy to spread. I have never used this myself but I have seen it done. Product is ARDEX K 301.
  • Mogie Mogie on Feb 18, 2018
    Get a self leveling product from a big box store.
    The intent of ARDEX K 301 is to deal with concrete floors that have been damaged and concrete is spalling off. Typical use is loading dock area in a warehouse for instance....fork lift drivers tend to drop the forks on the floor quickly and with a bang - so after a few years of that treatment the floor needs attention. Paint is not going to repair damage - sounds like you need to find a flooring contractor and ask for professional opinion.
    • Dennis Bell Dennis Bell on Feb 18, 2018
      There is no damage..the floor was not finished with a smooth surface when put in..hence a rough surface.

• William William on Feb 18, 2018
    Sakrete makes a polymer resurfacing concrete. There are other brands.