Asked on Feb 18, 2018

How to make a small cement patio for my grill area

EllisFiddledd224Debbie  swanson
+5

I want to create a spot that’s sturdy for a grill in my backyard. So if not cement what else can I do

• Katie Dillon
    Katie Dillon

Hi there howbout pavers.There reasonable come in all different shapes n sizes and pretty easy to work with.Biggest part of the job is leveling it.Thats where a bag of sand can always help to push up a side or small area to make it even.
  • Pouring a cement slab, even a small one can get quite pricey very quickly. Another option would be a cement paver stone patio. See if this would work for you.

One of my neighbors did this and it turned out beautifully.

• Ron Heiber
    Ron Heiber

12" x 12" or 16" x 16" paver blocks work well. Dig out area and put a 2" to 3" sand base for leveling. Use good quality blocks.
  • Lee smith
    Lee smith

we got those huge patio squares the ones embossed when put together create a circular design. Make a base of gravel then sand over that, lay down the squares. Use a dry filler that you wet with a hose, it hardens and prevents weeds
  • Mogie
    Mogie

Pavers, frame out the area and fill with gravel, build a deck.
  • Debbie  swanson
    Debbie swanson

small stones
  • Fiddledd224
    Fiddledd224

Place cement/concrete patio blocks under each BBQ leg for the easiest solution....preferably in a pit filled with sand or pea gravel.
  • Ellis
    Ellis

Patio squares. There are many sizes and colors/patterns available. Just make sure the area is relatively level, cut the grass out to the size of the pad you wish to make (You might need some sand to level the ground under the squares.) I did this many years ago for a pad for a hose reel, and in another place for a large planter, and they're still relatively level.