DIY Jewelry Cleaner

$5

Winter time is the time where you're slathering on lotion and washing your hands more frequently to prevent the flu, but one thing I notice that starts to happen is that my rings start getting gunked up with soap scum and excess lotion build up. Rather than stop by my jeweler every other week, I created my own DIY Jewelry Cleaner to help do the job...with one unexpected twist at the end using my FAVORITE tool to completely sanitize my ring and make it 99% germ free!
To get the full ring cleaner recipe, please click on my blog link at the bottom or HERE.

You’ll start by warming up one cup of water until it’s very hot.

In a separate bowl, line the bowl with aluminum foil and add your baking soda, salt, and Dawn soap. Then pour your water over top and mix well.
Mix up the solution according to the instruction on my blog and let it sit for 30 minutes.
After they have soaked for 30 minutes, you’ll want to pull them out and gently use your old toothbrush to scrub at them.

I scrub behind the back of the diamonds mostly to get out any loosened up dirt after the soak.

After I scrub, I warm up my HomeRight Steam Machine and I steam clean my ring. I use an oven mitt and I hold the rings while I steam clean them for about 5 seconds, take break and switch sides, then go again. It helps brush off any remaining loose dirt, as well as kill any germs not the ring.

The whole process is SO simple and your rings will sparkle and shine after you’re done! NO trip to the jeweler needed!
SEE THE FULL TUTORIAL ON MY BLOG! :)

Abbey D

• Ofelia Flores

How much do you use of each ingredients
    • 16999903

I use toothpaste as well. It can't be just plain gel, it has to have a little very fine grit, like Crest or Arm & Hammer tooth paste. It takes less than a minute.

• Jay Leflore

How to replace screening around your porch

• Dawn

Beautiful rings.... ❤

• Alice

Make sure the toothbrush is a SOFT bristle toothbrush, otherwise, over time, you could wear down the gold. I always keep a child's toothbrush on hand, specifically for cleaning my jewelry.

You have GORGEOUS Rings !!!