Asked on Feb 19, 2018

What is the best paint to use on plywood floors,and how do you finish

Janet PanosSus16179809Sassy
+7

Plywood floors in bedrooms.

• Allen
    Allen

I love wooden floors. If the wood is not too bad, varnish it 2 or 3 coats of Spar Varnish. I like both semigloss and gloss.
  • Gregg
    Gregg

They make special floor paints. It will stand up the best.
  • Janet Panos
    Janet Panos

Hello! Here is great advice, with photos, how best to paint plywood floors and the type of paint and finish. Click on the link below to view. Good luck!

• Barbara Morris
    Barbara Morris

I just painted the linoleum in our bathroom with Sherman Williams Infinity then sealed it well with polyurethane. Came out beautiful and is extremely durable! I also painted the vanity top.
  • Susan krom
    Susan krom

Prime or seal the wood first, then use an epoxy paint-you can even use garage floor kits which have everything in the box. If you want to use regular enamel paint, get a good quality one, and then seal it again with sealer or some type of urethane type finish. This will make it able to cleaned when needed and reduce scratches.
  • Sassy
    Sassy

I would either use marine paint or marine sealer on any painted floor. Being made to deal with water, the finish should last longer and protect your floor the most.
  • Sus16179809
    Sus16179809

polyurethane over most paints will give you a beautiful wooden floor.
  • Janet Panos
    Janet Panos

You are welcome!