E6000 glue not holding

+4
What am I doing wrong? Every time I glue a glass ceiling globe, you know, turned upside down and put on a candle stick, an old lamp, whatever, the globe always comes off. I let it set for days to adhere and it still comes off. Very very frustrated. Im about to give up on my art projects. Not only that, I suffer from depression and this is not helping matters by means.
What about epoxy? HELP!!!!

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 20, 2018
    try using a specific glue for glass only....Loctite is one
  • I have always had success with e6000 but perhaps you should try Loctite Glass Epoxy.
  • Kac32568501 Kac32568501 on Feb 20, 2018
    Make sure both surfaces are absolutely clean and dry. If your items are very smooth you may have to rough up the surfaces a little. Also, E6000 works best when it is at room temperature. When I first started using E6000 I also had trouble but persistence paid off and now I love the stuff.
  • Have you tried roughing up the glass? And are you putting glue on both pieces, letting it sit for the direction time and then putting the pieces together? I have had problems with E6000 in the past not always setting right due to the humidity and temp. If you have access to a 2 part epoxy it is a lot less finicky in my opinion.
  • DIana Willingham DIana Willingham on Feb 20, 2018
    No I haven’t, I will rough up the next time. I didn’t know you had to give it some time before you put the 2 together. Maybe Id better have my husband read the instructions to me, my eyes sure can’t read those tiny letters. :)
    thank you